Almost every day some of my friends are asking me for help with their PCs, to boost them a bit. I became a bit bored of repeating all the time the same things over and over again so decided to create a simple utility to automate one of the most important things I always do to them.
I’ve created a little and simple batch file to remove unneeded files from Temp and Prefetch folders, this operation boosts startup time of Windows OS and doesn’t affect to stability of OS or installed programs. Tool is effective, safe and gives no unwanted or even terrible side-effects unlike many optimizers, boosters, etc. Script is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 x32 and x64 flavors as well.
How does it work?
Script removes files from prefetch and temp folders, after clean up restarts PC and that’s all.
How to use it?
1. Close all running programs and if you need save all programs done with these programs
2. Right-click on .bat file and select an option “Run as an administrator”
3. The tool will erase all useless files from folders mentioned above
4. After clean up it will remind you to close working programs, do so if you didn’t yet
5. After your action (pressing any key on keyboard) program will reboot your PC.
How to get it?
Basic Windows CleanUp Tool – Basic WinCUT you can download from this link:
It is zipped without compression, any OS should open it without issues so just unpack it using OS’ default unpacker or 7-zip/WinRAR/WinZip/etc.
I can’t provide support to effects of this tool. If you found out any bugs or problems with starting or working of the tool post them in comment under this post or send via email: themaningrayhat / a t / gmail.com.
Before using it read readme.txt file for more detailed notes.